This list shows that not all industry giants are actually giants off the screen.
171 cm / 5’7.3 in
- As one of the most influential martial artists of all time, Bruce Lee helped to change the way Asians were viewed in American films.
- German-born Comedian Martin Lawrence of Big Momma’s House is also a musician, writer, producer, director and voice actor.
- Frank Whaley is best known for his roles in independent films written and directed by him.
- Harvey Keitel is currently the co-president of the Actors Studio.
- Bob Dylan was at the peak of his career in the nineties.
- Jack Noseworthy’s most visible roles were in Killing Kennedy, Event Horizon, Barb Wire and U-571. He is the only male actor to play Peter Pan on the musical adaptation on Broadway.
172 cm / 5’7.7 in
- We know Billy Crudup for both his talent, his relentless career choices and for his strongly-defined good looks.
- Wilmer Valderrama from the sitcom ‘The ‘70s show’ stars alongside Meagan Good and Stark Sands in the sci-fi series Minority Report.
- Don Cheadle was a nominee for an Academy Award for best Actor from his role in Hotel Rwanda. Since then he has kept moving up in the ladder of Hollywood success.
- Christian Slater’s breakthrough was in the 1988 cult film Heathers. He won his first Gloden Globe thanks to the TV series Mr. Robot.
- Rami Malek is the cute Egyptian-American that plays the lead role in TV series Mr. Robot.
173 cm / 5’8 in
- Kevin James is his stage name but this is what he is fondly called by all.
- Zac Efron started out his film career as a teen and we have not stopped crushing on him since then because with age he got more chiselled and for this we usually don’t notice his height.
- Yes Hulk doesn’t necessarily have to be a giant in real life. Mark Ruffalo plays this role impeccably well!
- Mark Wahlberg with the body of a chiselled rock proves that good things comes sometimes in small packages.
- Aaron Paul’s rise to fame was majorly from playing Jesse Pinkman on the Emmy Award-winning TV drama Breaking Bad.
- Humphrey Bogart says he was concerned that audiences would notice the height difference between himself and Ingrid Bergman who also co-starred Casablanca. Bergman had to slouch down on sofas in some scenes with Bogart pushed up by cushions.
174 cm / 5’8.5 in
- Jackie Chan was once considered a possible successor of Bruce Lee but he definitely had other plans because he developed his own style blending martial arts with physical comedy.
- Karate Kid star Jaden Smith has been seen in big roles like in Pursuit of Happiness and After Earth with his father.
- Robert Downey Jr. has amassed an extensive acting resume in film and entertainment that has made him one of Hollywood’s most sought after.
- Welsh Anthony Hopkins was made a knight by the Queen Elizabeth 2 for his services to the arts in 1993.
- Anthonio Banderas is a Spanish actor, director, producer and singer.
- Chuck Norris made his acting debut in The Wrecking Crew.
175 cm / 5’8.8 in
- Celebrity comedian and actor Jamie Foxx has it big when it comes to versatility in Hollywood.
- Eddie Murphy is one funny man who made a name from actor’s niche.
- Steve Carell is one of America’s most versatile comics yet he is a very serious person.
- Tom Hardy is becoming famous for bulking up and slimming down for several movie roles. Costume designers had to help with height-boosting shoes for his role in Batman: The Dark Knight Rises.
- Keifer Sutherland was clearly baddass as Jack Bauer in the TV series 24.
- Cillian Murphy is a striking Irish actor known for his Hollywood talent.
176 cm / 5’9.2 in
- Small but mighty Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not just an amazing actor, he is also a producer and a director.
- Alan Arkin is an Academy-Award winning American actor, writer, director and musician.
- Greg Kinnear was nominated for an Academy Award for his characater in As Good As It Gets.
- Justin Theroux became widely known for Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire.
177 cm / 5’9.6 in
- Sylvester Stallone is one great Hollywood action star who doesn’t stand as tall as we imagine.
- The natural blue-eyed Michael Ealy has the charming looks, the deep personality and the screen know how.
- Adam Sandler is a renowned comedian, actor, screenwriter and film producer.
- Mel Gibson is an average height Hollywood genius!
178 cm / 5’10 in
- Comedian and actor Chris Rock is one of the greatest stand-up comedian in entertainment.
- Johnny Depp is surely one of the most versatile male figures in Hollywood!
- Matt Damon starred alongside Julia Roberts in his first film role when he was 18.
- You will think that to be a pro in action movies, you really need the height advantage. Jason Statham proves that with a good workout regime, you can have the ‘killer’ body with or without the heights.
179 cm / 5’10.4 in
- Kevin Spacey one of Hollywood’s assets stars in TV show House of Cards.
- Daniel Craig is the shortest actor to play James Bond in the film series. For roles where his insane physique alone couldn’t cut out, stacked heels worked the magic.
- We let Topher Grace off the hook for being below average because he has his looks to ‘compensate’ for this.
- Bryan Cranston won consecutive Outstanding Awards for his role in well played Breaking Bad.
- Patrick Dempsey earned the moniker “McDreamy” from being amazingly attractive and being the medical hero who saves the day in Grey’s Anatomy.
180 cm / 5’10.8 in
- If you were asked to mention five names in Hollywood, it is almost certain than anyone would mention Brad Pitt. Multiple award winner, one of the most attractive men in the world, and an excellent actor yet he is an average height compared to the ‘ideal’ male height. Height or no height, we love Brad Pitt!
- He rose to fame as Dr Doug Ross from the medical drama ER and ever since then, he has not stopped rising. George Clooney of the Ocean’s trilogy was in 2009, one of Time’s 100 most influential people in the world.
- The whole world including the Oscars fell in love with him after we saw ‘The Theory of Everything’. Eddie Redmayne is no doubt one of Hollywood’s gifted actors.
- Canadian-American actor Seth Rogen as a teenager thought stand-up comedy was the path for him until he made a breakthrough in the romantic comedy ‘Knocked Up’.
- Ralph Fiennes is known prominently as the present day Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter films.