These men listed here have proven to us that in life we all have same opportunity open to us regardless of out shortcomings. From 166cm to 170cm, they have proven kind of that in the movie making industry, “height is just a number”.
166cm / 5’5.5 in
- James Cagney once said that in his time, you were considered lucky if you had a bike at a young age. He made his greatest impact in the film industry even though he was also a dancer.
- Jerry Stiller and his wife, Anne Meara in the 19th century were a widely known comedy team. He also is famous for flawlessly playing the role of Frank Costanza in the sitcom ‘Seinfield’.
- The adorable Josh Hutcherson says it bugs him a lot that he is not a very tall guy. Insecurity or not, Josh still rocked “Hunger Games” perfectly.
- Tim Conway is popularly known as the Comedian’s comedian. Tim is also the voice of Barnacle Boy in SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Scottish actor, Billy Boyd is well known for his appearance in ‘Taggart’, a crime drama in the UK and as ‘Pippin’ in Lord of the Rings.
- David Archuleta was at 16 one of the youngest contestants for the 7th season of American Idol. He is basically a musician but has showed up in several movies and in most of them, he acted as himself.
167cm / 5’6 in
- Macaulay Culkin is famous as the child star in the TV Hit Home alone. His screen prowess makes you forget all about his height shortcomings.
- Al Pacino of Godfather and Scarface is no doubt one of Hollywood’s greatest. Shorter than average true, but this is nothing compared to the name he’s made for himself.
- British born Tim Roth has often times been mistaken as American because of his uncanny skill at imitating accents.
- We certainly have fallen in love with you Tom and would not have you a single inch taller. Tom Cruise definitely makes being short an appealing thing. He has starred in movies like “Mission Impossible”, “Jerry Maguire” and others.
- Jack Black dropped out in his sophomore year of college to focus on his acting career. This definitely paid off because he eventually became a name worth knowing in the movie industry.
- Home Improvement co-star, Jonathan Taylor Thomas was the 90’s teenage dream. Yes, he was the voice of young Simba in the epic Lion king.
168cm / 5’6.3 in
- Physically fit Danny Trejo had a rough start in the movie industry yet he came out strong and carved a niche for himself in his frequent hero and anti-villian roles.
- Martin Sheen is his stage name and he is one of America’s most accomplished actor.
- American actor, comedian and film maker Ben Stiller is truly one of Hollywood short stars.
- Henry Winkler is first remembered as the Fonz in Happy Days. His height coupled with dyslexia was nothing near a stumbling block to his great success.
- James McAvoy once called himself ‘short and puny’ but obviously, his height is not hindering his career in anyway. He bagged the role of young Professor X in the X-Men film series.
- Aziz Ansari the stand up comedian also casted in the movie “Parks and Recreation”. Regardless of his stature, you can always feel his energetic presence when you are around him.
169cm / 5’6.7 in
- Martin Freeman has starred in a range of films from dark comedy-crime drama to romantic comedies and to the UK mockumentary.
- Sean Astin is well known for portraying Mikey Walsh in the Steven Spielberg’s film, ‘The Goonies’.
- David Spade is one of the world’s celebrities who is shorter than he really seems.
- Cheech Marin gains recognition from stand-up comedy and also for voicing several Disney characters.
- Don Knotts was best known for the 1960 sitcom ‘The Andy Griffith Show’ and for this show, he won several awards.
- Dave Franco of ‘Now You See Me’, ’21 Jump Street’, Charlie st. Cloud and so many more TV hits is one of the not-so-tall Hollywood stars.
170cm / 5’7 in
- The Mark Zuckerberg of ‘Social Network’, Jesse Eisenberg is one celebrity you didn’t realize was below average height.
- Multiple-award winning Robin Williams could also not be stopped because of his short stature.
- Robert Schneider is an American actor, Comedian and screenwriter.
- Marshall Allman is best known to us viewers as L. J. Burrows in the TV series Prison Break.
- Comedy star Jonah Hill has of late made his health a priority by shedding off some weight. Weight and height regardless, Jonah has done himself a great deal of success in the film industry.