A widely-known film star, dancer and singer, Ashley Park saw the light in California but grew up in Michigan along with a younger sister and parents. It would be interesting to know that she was a very artistic child, who started attending dancing classes at 3 and having piano lessons at 5.
Date of Birth: June 6, 1991
Zodiac sign: Gemini
Andrew Park (father)
Sara Park (mother)
Audrey Park (younger sister)
She studies at Hope College and plays women’s lacrosse there.
Ashley studied at the Pioneer High School, where she was a member of a theatre and a choir. In addition to that, she created a women’s a cappella group that often took part in various national competitions. Having graduated from school in 2009, a future star entered the University of Michigan, where she got a degree in musical theatre.
The beauty’s path to stardom began in 2009 when she was cast in Miss Saigon production. In 2014 she managed to debut on Broadway in Mamma Mia. After that, she performed in The King and I, Sunday in the Park with George, KPOP, Mean Girls, etc.
Speaking of the celebrity’s filmmaking career, she first appeared on a big screen in 2012 in Charlene Kaye: Human. However, the main breakthrough happened when she starred in such popular TV projects as Emily in Paris, Nightcap, Tales of the City and others.
Finally, Park can boast of having an amazing voice that can be heard whenever she features in movies, television series or on a stage of a theatre.
Today, the star keeps developing her career in both theatrical and moviemaking industries. And now, it is high time to find out more mind-blowing details about her life. Here are top 10 facts we are sure you had no clue about:
- Despite the fact that neither her mother or father is in show-business, they encouraged her singing and acting abilities.
- At the age of 15, she was diagnosed with leukemia and was hospitalized for eight months.
- Being a recognized person in several spheres of life, she is willing to bring diversity to the screen and stage as an Asian American.
- She is a huge fan of famous TV series Sex and the City.
- She is close friends with Lily Collins.
- As a kid, Ashley loved watching Friends and Disney.
- Being very experienced in acting, she still gets nervous sometimes.
- She loves fashion a lot which can be clearly seen from her outfits.
- One of her main dreams is to work with Michelle and Barack Obama.
- She speaks French.